Centennial Songwriting Contest
1. Promotion Sponsor: This promotion and prize are sponsored solely by First Fed Bank (First Fed), 105 W. 8th Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362. www.ourfirstfed.com, 800-800-1577, [email protected]
2. Who May Enter: This sweepstakes is offered nationally and entrants must be legal residents of the U.S. and at least 13 years old as of the first date of contest entry period as defined below. This contest is void where prohibited. All federal,
state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and ordinances apply. Employees, Officers and Directors of First Fed (“sponsor”) are also eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Prizes: First Fed will select one grand prize winner.
Grand Prize: $5,000
Winners are responsible for the payment of federal, state and local taxes on the prize and for any other expenses not specified. No substitutions or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning are dependent
on the number of entries.
4. How to Enter: The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries. No purchase is necessary to enter contest.
The "Centennial Songwriting Contest” begins , September 15, 2022 at 9:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2023 ("Promotional Period"). To enter, a link must be shared on the contest page
form (link here) during the contest period.
- Only links from reputable sources will be able to be accessed. Specifically: Spotify, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- Multiple entries may be submitted by the same band or individual.
- Song(s) must be original, and entrant must have written and have the exclusive rights to (bands can collectively attest to this).
- Submissions must be 2 minutes minimum to 6 minutes maximum.
- No explicit, offensive, or political lyrics or themes.
- Songs must include a Pacific Northwest or community theme. Lyrics MUST include at least one of the following words or phrases:
- Cascades | Cascadia
- First Fed
- Olympics | Olympic Mountains
- Pacific Northwest
- Proudly PNW | Proudly Pacific Northwest
- Upper Left
- Submissions that do not meet the minimum length or theme requirements will not be considered.
By participating, entrants agree to:
- Grant permission for the unrestricted use of winning song in First Fed promotional materials for a period of ten (10) years, including in digital, radio, and video promotions.
- Be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners.
- Release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective Directors, Officers, Employees and Agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect
to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the song.
- Document and provide lyrics. Sheet music or cords optional.
- Eligibility of their submission as stated in Official Contest Rules.
- Consider performing at our centennial event. Optional and mutually agreeable.
5. Selection: There will be one grand prize winner. Of the eligible entries received, an internal panel of judges will select winner by March 3, 2023.
6. Notification: Winner will be contacted on or after March 3, 2023 and must claim their prize within five (5) calendar days or another participant will be selected. Winner will only be announced on First Fed’s website and social channels (Facebook
and Instagram) on or after March 10, 2023 and only after winner has been contacted and confirmed acceptance of the contest rules and prizes. Do not need to be present to win. First Fed reserves the right to require an affidavit of eligibility and
liability release, and where applicable, a publicity release, all of which must be returned before prize will be awarded. In the event of non-compliance with these rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable,
the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes will be awarded after winning entrant has provided a signed release form stating permission for use of song along with supporting documentation
outlined in “How to Enter”. By accepting a prize, entrants also agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence and photographs/likenesses and voices for advertising and promotional purposes
for this and similar promotions for a period of ten (10) years, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the internet) without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where
prohibited by law. Upon request, winners must execute the aforesaid liability and publicity release.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any persons whom it considers to have intentionally violated the official rules or any element of this contest. By participating in the contest, entrants agree to these official rules and to release,
indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and judges and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any
injuries, losses, damages, claims, and actions, and any liability of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising from participation in the promotion or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of any prize
that may be awarded. Entrants agree that the laws of the state of Washington will govern any and all disputes. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection
with the promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any promotional related materials; for stolen, lost,
late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries or postage-due entries or mail; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual
evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity,
security, fairness, or proper conduct of the promotion, First Fed reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently; to modify or suspend the
promotion; or to terminate the promotion and, at Sponsor’s discretion, conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. As A condition of entering the promotion, participants:
A.) Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; B.) All causes
of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and C.) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket
costs incurred, and in no event shall participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to revise or withdraw this promotion or official rules at any time.
8. First Fed Mailing Address: First Fed, 105 W. 8th Street, Port Angeles, WA. 98362. If there are any questions regarding the promotion or these official rules, or to request a list of winners of prizes greater than $25 in value, please write to First
Fed, 105 W. 8th Street, Port Angeles, WA. 98362, ATTN: Marketing Department.
9. Tax Responsibility: Prize winner may be responsible for applicable state or Federal taxes, determined by the cash value of the Prize. First Fed will provide Prize winner with a 1099 form at the end of the current year as required by law.