Health Savings Accounts
Health Savings Account (HSA) offers a tax-advantaged option for eligible contributions. Account owners control contributions in and distributions out of this account. Distributions by check, debit card or ATM should be for qualified healthcare expenses
in order to achieve tax free earnings on funds. Deposits are tax deductible up to annual contribution limits.
Target Market: Individuals covered under a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) who are not covered by a non-HDHP health care plan, not enrolled in Medicare, and are not claimed as a dependent.
Fees: No monthly maintenance fee. No account penalties. A fee of $2.50 will be charged for each withdrawal from an ATM not owned or operated by First Federal. Fees will be waived if the ATM is part of the MoneyPass network.
ATM Access: Yes
Details: No minimum opening deposit required. IRS eligibility restrictions apply. See account disclosure or HSA resource page for more information.
Features and Benefits:
- No restrictions on source or number of contributions
- Anyone can contribute to your HSA
- ATM/Debit Card
- Universally-accepted way to make easy payments and access funds
- No “use it or lose it” provision
- HSA funds always belong to the beneficiary
- After age 65, funds can be withdrawn for non-medical expenses (subject to ordinary income tax)
- HSA can double as a tool for long-term investment after age 65
Complementary Products and Services
- Personal Checking Account
- Online Banking
- Personal Savings
- Mobile Banking with Free Mobile Deposit
- IRA, ESA
- Touch Tone Teller
Open an account in a branch.
Or visit our online HSA Service Center.